This page contains links to a variety of other bodies associated with the independent school sector.
Independent Schools Council Members and Affiliated Organisations
- Independent Schools Council (ISC) exists to promote and advocate high quality independent school education in the United Kingdom, its worth to individuals and its value to society.
- Association of Governing Bodies of Independent Schools (AGBIS) supports and advises governing bodies of schools in the independent sector on all aspects of governance, under the umbrella of the Independent Schools Council.
- Council of British International Schools (COBIS) represents over 250 member organisations around the world.
- Girls’ Schools Association (GSA) is the professional association representing the Heads of leading independent girls’ schools in the UK.
- Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) represents the Heads of many of the world’s leading independent schools.
- Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS) is the professional association for Heads of the leading 600 independent prep schools in the UK and worldwide.
- Independent Schools Association (ISA) provides professional support to its 300 member Headteachers.
- Independent Schools Bursars Association (ISBA) supports and advises the bursars and senior management staff of more than 960 independent schools across the UK and overseas.
- Society of Heads is an Association of the Heads of just over 100 well-established Independent schools.
- Boarding Schools Association (BSA) serving and representing member boarding schools, training staff and promoting boarding education.
- Scottish Council of Independent Schools represents a range of independent, private, fee-paying schools across Scotland.
- Welsh Independent Schools Council is the umbrella body representing Independent schools in Wales.