Data Protection & Cyber Security Conference
In association with
We are delighted to be working in association with ISBA & IDPE to offer our members places at the Data Protection & Cyber Security Conference, which will provide practical guidance on how your school can prepare for GDPR and the changes to data protection and cyber security.
The conference is supported by:
On May 25th 2018, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become law in the UK, marking the biggest shake up in data protection laws in 20 years. The Government has confirmed in the recent Queen’s Speech that Brexit will have no impact on the legislation leaving schools with less than a year to ensure their data systems are compliant with the new rules.
GDPR significantly extends the rights of data subjects (people about whom you hold or process data) and will introduce a series of stringent requirements around transparency, opt-ins and reporting data breaches with severe fines for organisations which fail to comply.
Schools will need to take cyber security seriously and systematically.
The conference aims to deliver practical guidance on:
- Preparing for the new GDPR privacy legislation in May 2018
- Understanding what a good data compliance culture looks like
- Responding to data requests
- Safeguarding issues
- Ensuring your school has secure and robust IT & information systems
- Data protection & schools
- Staying secure in a connected world
- Panel discussions
- What does a good data culture in a school look like under GDPR
- Subject access masterclass
- Child safety online
- Cyber Security
- GDPR: marketing & fundraising - a practitioner's perspective
- Changes required to IT operations & IT systems
- The journey so far - a school prospective
Download the programme
£175 per delegates (ISBA member schools)
Log onto the ISBA website www.theisba.org.uk and book online
E-mail: email@example.com to secure a place